Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unrecognized character after (?< at offset 10 in /web1/user52513/website/wp-includes/class-wp-block-parser.php on line 418
GDPR – PERSONAL DATA & PRIVACY DATA
Boarding & Daycare
Under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 & Animal Boarding Establishment Act 1963 Whitley Crest Ltd is required to hold certain personal data on our customers in order to care for their pets and liaise with vet practices. Under the GDPR we are required to take care of such data to keep it safe.
When you make a booking with Whitley Crest Ltd, you are entering into a contract with us, in order to properly perform our side of the contract we need to record details relating to you and your pet(s). We will take reasonable care of your personal data and only process it fairly and lawfully under the terms of the GDPR.
What we collect
- Your Contact details e.g. name, address, phone numbers & email address.
- Details of your pets e.g. names, breed, age, vaccination status and any other veterinary details that we feel necessary.
- We keep details of any booking you make or data for a minimum of 2 years post date of stay, maximum 6 years from last stay.
- Our website collects cookies to manage your visit.
- We do not collect any information which is classified as “sensitive” personal information.
We do not collect information about you from third parties.
How we use your information
We only collect and use information which is personal to you when it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only as detailed below.
- You have provided us with information we need to be able to properly manage your bookings and the boarding of your pets.
- Should you decide not to provide us with appropriate contact details etc, we will be unable to provide you with a boarding service.
- Your email address will only be used to contact you in relation to your pet service bookings with us. We may send you e.g. booking acknowledgements, invoices and booking reminders.
- Third parties will only be used in the event of a claim, veterinary practices if your pet requires treatment, or if we need to trace the owner of a pet which has not been collected at the end of its boarding contract – see abandonment policy.
- Your information is stored and processed on the premises of Whitley Crest Ltd.
Our database and it’s backups are encrypted to protect your information.
We may use messenger on Facebook as another way of contact during a pets boarding contract with us, this will only be done if you as the owner has used messenger on a previous occasion e.g. confirming bookings/deposits etc.
Facebook photos will only be taken and published upon the request and consent of you as the owner via messenger.